LAST GAME: The Edmonton Oil Kings continued their three-game road trip on Wednesday night as they visited the Prince Albert Raiders at the Art Hauser Centre falling to the Raiders 4-2. Oil Kings David Kope opened up the scoring on Wednesday night just 1:15 into the first period collecting his 12th of the season to give Edmonton an early 1-0 lead. Midway through the period, Raiders right winger Regan Nagy would tie things up 1-1. Oil Kings Colton Kehler would answer back at 17:00 to put the Oil Kings ahead 2-1 through 20 minutes. Early in the second period, Curtis Miske netted the game tying goal to make it 2-2. 14 seconds later, Raiders blue liner Max Martin scored his 8th of the season to put Prince Albert ahead 3-2 through 40 minutes. In the third, Raiders centreman Parker Kelly scored late in the period to give his team a 4-2 lead. Prince Albert would hang on to finish the night with a win. Oil Kings netminder Josh Dechaine stopped 26 of 30 shots on goal in the contest. With the loss, the Oil Kings closed out their season series against the Raiders putting up a record of 1-3-0-0.
2017-18 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
- Goals: Trey Fix-Wolansky, Colton Kehler – 29
- Assists: Trey Fix-Wolansky – 50
- Points: Trey Fix-Wolansky – 79
- PIM: Conner McDonald – 76
- +/-: Jake Neighbours – -2
- GWG: Trey Fix-Wolansky – 5
- PPG: Colton Kehler – 12
- SHG: David Kope, Tomas Soustal – 2
OIL KINGS VS. TIGERS: The Oil Kings will play the Medicine Hat Tigers for the sixth and final time this season on Friday night at the Canalta Centre in Medicine Hat. Through their previous five meetings this season, the Oil Kings have put up a record of 0-3-1-1 against the Tigers. The last time these two teams faced off against one another was for Edmonton’s annual Hockey Hooky game on Tuesday, February 27. In that game forwards Trey Fix-Wolansky and Carter Souch were the goal scorers for the Oil Kings in the 5-2 loss.
EOK vs. Tigers this season:
- Saturday, December 16 at Rogers Place – MH wins 4-3 in a shootout
- Friday, January 5 at Canalta Centre – MH wins 5-1
- Wednesday, January 24 at Rogers Place – MH wins 4-3 in overtime
- Wednesday, February 7 at Canalta Centre – MH wins 6-0
- Tuesday, February 27 at Rogers Place – MH wins 5-2
STILL GOING: Two Oil Kings continued to put up points on Wednesday night against the Raiders extending their current point streaks:
- Soustal extended his point streak to five points (2G, 3A) in four games
- Kehler extended his point streak to four points (3G, 1A) in four games
TIGER HUNTERS: Oil Kings Trey Fix-Wolansky and Matthew Robertson have both found success when playing Medicine Hat this season. Both players have collected four points through five games against the Tigers this season, Robertson with four assists and Fix-Wolansky with two goals and two assists.
UP NEXT: The Oil Kings will open up their final home stand of the season on Sunday afternoon as they play host to the Kootenay ICE in the team’s annual Fan Appreciation Night. Puck drop is 4:00 PM MT.